Monte-Carlo International Circus Festival January 19-29, 2017
The competition will be back for the 41st Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo, after the unforgettable "best of" of the 40th edition, a unique event that is often referred to as the "ultimate circus show". The Organising Committee, which had invited the award-winning artists from the previous festivals, even came up with some new combined acts, some of which have made circus history! Having won individual awards and in partnership with others, they remain extraordinary and never to be repeated.
As the competition returns for this 41st edition, there is an international jury, under the presidency of H.S.H. Princess Stéphanie: their mission is to award the famous Gold, Silver and Bronze Clowns, often compared to the Oscars of the film world. The Gold Clown is the festival's trademark, conceived when the festival was created by its founder Prince Rainier III of Monaco.
From the 19th January, over 100 artists from 16 countries will perform in the famous Fontvieille ring. This year humour will feature strongly with:
- Tom and Pepe, an American-Portuguese clown duo that has been going for 10 years. The audience is sure to be charmed by the gentle and subtle humour during the act. It's no surprise that Tom and Pepe are often referred to as clowns with big hearts;
- Otto Wessely, a comic and eccentric magician, is used to performing on big stages around the world, including that of the Crazy Horse. However, it’s the first time in his life that he is taking part in a circus show … and he couldn’t have asked for a better place than the Fontvieille big top to begin his new career!
- The Wolf Duo (Czech Republic) have come with an acrobatic comedy act around a table, thereby continuing one of the oldest circus arts and, at the same time, perfectly managing the risks inherent in a trapeze act!
Address: 5 Avenue des Ligures, 98000 Monaco
Telephone: +377 92 05 26 00
* Telephone: +377 92 05 23 45 * Fax: +377 92 05 26 22
* At the show: ticket offices at the Big Top at the Espace Fontvieille from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.